Choosing to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit is a big decision for families that have lost a loved one in a negligent vehicle accident. In many cases, they must first weigh the advantages of a claim against its possible disadvantages.
For example, pursuing a claim may make it harder to retain your privacy, but it can also bring the responsible parties to justice. Once you have decided to move forward with your case, your next task is finding the right injury lawyer to guide you through the San Antonio, Texas, justice system.
Finding an attorney prepared to commit to your goals is extremely important to the success of your claim. Unless you already know your lawyer, asking questions can help you discover if he or she is a good match for you.
Questions to ask prospective wrongful death attorneys
- Are you up to date with wrongful death laws in Texas?
- How much experience do you have with wrongful death claims?
- Have you helped others file successful lawsuits?
- What is your rate of success in similar cases?
- Are you prepared to stick with me if I refuse to settle out of court?
- Will you be available to answer any questions or concerns I may have?
- Are you going to handle my case or assign it to another lawyer?
Often, the act of asking questions allows you to learn more about your chosen candidates. If you feel comfortable and find it easy to express yourself, chances are you have found the right lawyer. If you feel uneasy or find it hard to communicate, it may be wiser to find another representative.
In a wrongful death lawsuit, everything you hold dear is at stake. Keep searching until you have found a lawyer that will stop at nothing to help you find justice for your lost loved one and secure the future for your family.